Photo

Savile Row Apprentice on ABC Level 3 Bespoke Tailoring Diploma

Anderson & Sheppard Savile Row Apprentices Bespoke Tailoring Diplomas ABC Qualifications Savile Row Apprentice Training

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

From The Notebook, the Anderson & Sheppard apprentices' blog:

For the last 18 months Matthew, Max and I have been working on completing our ABC Level 3 diploma in bespoke tailoring.

The course consists of two main units:

Unit one deals mainly with various working practices such as health and safety laws and regulations, work and employment legislations and also gaining an understanding of the contextual history of tailoring and Savile row.

Unit two deals with the practical side of tailoring. The unit depends on what your [sic] training in, Matthew is an apprentice Trouser Cutter, Max is an apprentice Coat Cutter and I am a [sic] apprentice coat maker.

This appears to be the website for the organization that awards the diplomas. I used to wonder if the posts on this blog were ghost-written.  This entry clearly was written by the apprentice.  It could have used a little copy editing. Still, I love reading about their training.

Edited by tailleuse, 28 April 2016 - 03:41 AM.

• Daonguyen likes this

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anderson & Sheppard, Savile Row Apprentices, Bespoke Tailoring Diplomas, ABC Qualifications, Savile Row Apprentice Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users