3 replies to this topic

#1 Chicks

Chicks

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hello I am looking for a commerical sewing machine that sews zigzag and straight stitch, preferably juki, but if anyone has any recommendations I am open to it.

#2 Terri

Terri

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

Do you mean an industrial machine?
Most indutrials have a single function only, although a zig machine can be set as a straight stitch. There are some Bernina semi industrials that might fit. Cant remember the model number off the top of my head. Be aware these machines have their own dedicated table with thread tree and are usually 2' x 4' in size. They are heavy, and sometimes louder than you think.
Which machine would be best depends on what you plan to be sewing.
  • tailleuse likes this

#3 Claire Shaeffer

Claire Shaeffer

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:haute couture

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

Although older industrial machines have a single function, Juki has multi-function machines and they are very high quality. Many manufacturers use them.

Although Bernina makes high-quality machines, their semi-industrial machines is very expensive compared to the commercial machines. My home sewing machine machine is a Bernina. I have several and like the 930 best. I have a Consew industrial that only straight stitches--no bells or whistles. They are well priced and work well. 

If you're buying an industrial machine, talk with your local dealer. Often you can buy a used machine. Like any machine, a dealer that will service your machines is critical. 

• Schneiderfrei likes this

Claire Shaeffer

Author, Couture Sewing Techniques

claire.shaeffer@gmail.com

www.sewfari.org

#4 tailleuse

tailleuse

Master

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring and couture.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

This Juki does straight stitch and zigzag. It's $2,500 USD.  About a year ago, someone told me about a Juki sub-industrial she had, but I can't remember the model.

Dignity. Always, dignity. (Singin' in the Rain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users