#1 Jussi

Jussi

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hello, everyone,

After ages of using a plastic thimble, I'd really like to upgrade this essential piece of my equipment to a more sturdy one. However, upon checking the online merchants that are willing to send them to Finland, I've only found nickled thimbles. This is a major problem, since I have a very aggressive nickle allergy (I have lifetime scars from sock suspenders to prove it). So, if anyone would know a place to buy nickle free ones - silver would be preferable, as it's very hypoallergic, as is titan - I'd really appreciate it.

Naturally, I'm still on a search for proper shears, as well, but in this time and age, it seems to be an endless task, so I've pretty much given up.

#2 greger

greger

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

Places that sell real tailor thimbles have you asked them about silver thimbles? Some places sell them upon special requests. They make a special order. They don't want them sitting around in their store for years hoping that someone will them. 

The other option is to make one by the lost wax method. You can make the dimples larger. Put your name on it. A fancy design around the top. Not to mention one that fits better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users