#1 Ocsecnarfskij

Ocsecnarfskij

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

Good afternoon!

I was just wondering if anyone of you would be so gentle to share his construction method of a raglan collar or prussian collar please.

I know there are two way of making it. The "simplest" one is to make it and stitch it aside and then apply it once it has been finished. The other one to make in the same way of a jacket collar, so by basting the over collar facing.

Is there anyone who is specialized in one or both ways of construction methods and would like to explain these procedures in a better way please?

Many thanks in advance

#2 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

I do not know what you mean with a raglan collar. With the raglan cut you can use any collar you like in my opion.
A prussian collar was discussed here not long ago.
lg
posaune

#3 Ocsecnarfskij

Ocsecnarfskij

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Thank you posaune. I researched all the threads about the Prussian collar but none of them show the making process.
For example making the undercollar and then apllying it over the garment.Anyone can explain better?

#4 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

I hate to be the bad guy here, however, if you don't have a basic understanding of collar construction and insertion, then perhaps making an overcoat is a bit beyond your current skill level. Best to have a solid foundation of the basics before tackling overcoa construction. A notched lapel waistcoat a s a good place to start.
  • Schneiderfrei likes this
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users