#1 PadronSB

PadronSB

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hello All,

I am pretty new on here; post image hosting debacle. Anyways, as most of you know you are no longer able to view all the amazing resource images on here. A lot of the topics I have searched are image heavy and with no images, provide very little value. Anyways, I was hoping someone would be so kind as to set me up with some PDF books on tailoring? I remembered seeing a post somewhere where someone had many books that are also out of print as well. Honestly anything helps.

I am pretty new to garment making, only really duplicating old well fitting garments I deconstructed and reverse engineered. Anything on pattern drafting would be great, but beggars can't be choosers. I am unsure if I can get messages on here so you can email me directly at sr_padron@yahoo.com Thanks in advance. 

#2 Claire Shaeffer

Claire Shaeffer

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:haute couture

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

I have several pdfs. Some came from the forum and some I digitized from old books. 

Do we have a dropbox or website where I can upload them? 

Please send me an email if you can help with the info.

Claire

Claire Shaeffer

Author, Couture Sewing Techniques

claire.shaeffer@gmail.com

www.sewfari.org

#3 tombennett

tombennett

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring (especially from the 1960s), Photography, DJing, House-Music, Northern Soul and, Life.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:53 AM

I have a dropbox with loads of stuff, I can share that one if you like.

#4 PoHappiness

PoHappiness

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

Claire, Tom, would you be so kind to share your dropbox with me as well? 

I have some books here in pdf verison, but I'm sure you've read them already. I have some older pdf's as well that I found on the net, but not sure if they're relevant anymore as the drafting systems have been replaced by Rundschau system. 

#5 PadronSB

PadronSB

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

Tom and Claire any help would be appreciated so much! Call it an early Christmas gift haha. I am not sure how drop box works but I will PM you both for info.

#6 tombennett

tombennett

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Tailoring (especially from the 1960s), Photography, DJing, House-Music, Northern Soul and, Life.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Here is the link to my Tailoring books dropbox: https://www.dropbox....OnFL5RWz3a?dl=0

• Torry Kratch, almantas, Lars Wilhelm and 6 others like this

#7 lngn2

lngn2

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

And mine: https://www.dropbox....v8XJdR-ECa?dl=0
  • Torry Kratch, almantas, Lars Wilhelm and 5 others like this

#8 PoHappiness

PoHappiness

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

Thank you both!

#9 PadronSB

PadronSB

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

Yes thanks so much. If anyone else has any books to contribute please do. Let's share the knowledge since most of the image resources no longer work.

#10 JoanneHolland

JoanneHolland

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

Many thanks for the generosity shown here. I am a beginner and will be spending months absorbing the knowledge shared. .

#11 lngn2

lngn2

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

A pleasure. I have moved a few more bits in there since my last post too as they were sat in another folder.

#12 lngn2

lngn2

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Do also check out http://www.cutterand...?showtopic=4590

#13 lngn2

lngn2

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Do also check out http://www.cutterand...?showtopic=4590

#14 dpcoffin

dpcoffin

Apprentice

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Great stuff, thanks, all!

PLEASE NOTE that for a short while, Tom's collection inadvertently included a copy of the massive pdf supplement to my book Making Trousers, which is definitely still under copyright. So, Merry Xmas, all who caught that, enjoy:)

But please don’t share it on; it's not free content—It's not expensive, but it's still putting food on my table, ya'know?

Thank you—And Happy, Sewing-Filled, New Year, everyone!

Hks0ZvL.jpg

Edited by dpcoffin, 27 December 2017 - 06:40 AM.

• Schneiderfrei likes this

#15 tombennett

tombennett

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Hopefully no one downloaded that, we caught it pretty much straight away. Again sorry for that blunder Dave. Happy New Year to one and all.

• Schneiderfrei and Zephyr like this

#16 lopez

lopez

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

tombennet and Ingn2-- THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR DROP BOX LINKS!!!

...and Ms Claire Schaeffer! -- YOUR BOOKS WERE THE GATEWAY DRUG TO ME BEING HERE. so Ms Claire, if you've shared your dropbox link anywhere else, please re-post (i stopped using dropbox when i left the art world and had no idea you could DO this with old ancient books and i'm sorry that i spent HOURS and WEEKS scanning old ancient inter-library loan books to paper without saving as FILES to share! but i've also quit using technology past 1996 because it's completely beyond what i'm able to take in as a human being with shreds of actual concentration left on how to learn this new field.

i used to be a fiction author/artist and technology killed livelihoods so now i'm betting what's left of the farm (me and my ENERGY) on fine casual tailoring for men because fat men and muscly men can't find a thing to wear that's not a muumuu and this time i want to do something you cannot offshore to china or even the next TOWN over.

i think this is radical what you all are doing in this era. you're keeping some kind of lineage to our HUMANITY. i don't overstate it. i know you know that or you wouldn't be here either, blissed out on ancient tailoring books. because our patterns and how we move and feel and what cloth we shroud ourselves in is POLITICAL. i had NO idea. i've just seen what my own man i'm dressing is like when he has things that fit even just going to the supermarket. people talk to him! he feels swagger!

thanks for sharing all this. i will use what you've given and give in this as well.

happy new year!

erika lopez

• Schneiderfrei likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users