• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

This is a book from Switzerland/ Schweiz:

Der moderne Zuschnitt
Lehrbuch für den Zuschnitt der Herren- und Damenbekleidung
Lehrmethode der schweizerischen Fach- und Zuschneideschule Zürich

Published in the 30's.

songgoriti, looks like the pages are from that Swiss book.

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#20 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • Interests:- German Cutting Systems
    - Modern Tailoring by German Semi-Traditional Standards

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

SG can be right, I also own the book. I remember seeing the body page.
It is in one of the packages I sent from Germany right now, so I can't compare it.

Its a very nice book made for men and complete like a Rundschau book. The one I have is from 1954 I think.
www.berlinbespokesuits.com

#21 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

I am just starting to publish, awaiting more boxes from Germany.

Don't get heart attacks now...

Check the resources link in the signature.
  • Styy likes this

#22 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

wow! looks like you will have a lot to do next times
posaune

#23 antonjapar

antonjapar

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

I have a few booklets for aspiring apprentices which I will upload to a filehoster this weekend. They describe all the stages involved in making different garments ranging from Sakko(lounge coat) to waistcoat and trousers. Instructions are for each step along with pictures. Only downside is the fact that they are written in German.
I did scan the first and most important part of my 1954 Rundschau book, which will be available by personal request.

SG

Hello Schneidergott, i would like to get this documents. Tailor & Cutter and Italiener

Thank U very much
  • songgoriti likes this

#24 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Lehrbuch der Europäischen Moden-Akademie, enthaltend die Zuschneidekunst für Herren- und Knabengarderobe sowie Uniformen. Verfasst von A. Gunkel. Verlag Expedition Europäische Modezeitung (Klemm und Weiss), Dresden, IV Auflage, 1903

Is that a red book? I got one 25 years ago in not to good condition but complete, just a littel bit loose in the spine. The book must be very rare.

The other book you got from Schneidermeister 1927 is either 1st edition or 2nd edition. I have the 2nd edition in nice condition, which is very rare. Those books are mostly in bad condition as they were produced in cheap paper quality. Most of them are loose in the spine and finger dirty. Probably the tailors used irons on coal ovens and they ate butter breads while paging through the cutting books . I think those ancient tailors even made button holes with butter bread fingers. Welcome to the tailor past with carpet fabrics and suits for 29 Reischmark.

#25 Prakash Parmar

Prakash Parmar

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

If anybody is interested in german drafts: I have a whole lot of them, not all Rundschau. Some are from Allgemeine Schneiderzeitung, but still very good. I have not sorted them by categories so it's up to you to do so.
Honestly I find the latest Rundschau magazines boring and not really worth the whole lot of money they ask for them. Every year they keep repeating the same drafts with modifications so small that they're hardly visible.
Only useful thing are reports from fashion shows with pictures to proof the mostly poor fit of today's so called top designer labels. Other than that one can hardly find any valuable information. But that is just my opinion.
Whoever invented the imperial system never had pattern drafting in mind. I find the metric system so much easier to deal with, the 1/16 inch thing is driving me nuts. 1 inch= 2,54 cm, 1/16 inch = 0,15875 cm. Try to convert that into a pattern draft.

On the subject of books: My best book is from 1954, Der Zuschnitt für die Herrenschneiderei from Müller & Sohn. Those pattern drafts are still applicable today and ever so precise. Like any other drafting system it's just a starting point open to interpretations by the cutter, but it is yet the best I have come across.

SG

#26 Prakash Parmar

Prakash Parmar

Umsie

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Dear schneidergott,

I am interested in German drafting books for men's jackets, w/coat & trousers. I don't understand German but would like to give it a go. Also, if you have any scans of books on how to construct a true hand made jacket, it would be great.

Many thanks

Prakash Parmar
  • musayawari likes this

#27 Schneidergott

Schneidergott

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I think Der Zuschneider is the right person to ask. He's got way more books than me and is willing to sell them. You'll find almost all you seek in them (I guess)...

"Nur der ist Meister seiner Kunst, der immer sucht, das Gute zu verbessern und niemals glaubt, das Beste schon zu haben."
"Only he is a master of his art who always seeks to improve the good and never believes to have the best already"

http://www.dressedwell.net/ It's snarky, but fun.

#28 Der Zuschneider

Der Zuschneider

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

I finally got the Schneiderhandwerk 1958. It is a very nice book and has cutting and making of the complete garment for men and women.

Page 448 was interesting for me.

Edited by Der Zuschneider, 23 March 2015 - 12:18 PM.

• ChiTownTailor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users