23 replies to this topic

#1 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

Please note that the forum may be down for a short period of time for a software upgrade.

Watch out too for a newly redesigned forum, although for a short period of time the forum may revert to the standard, generic IPB skin pending the installation of the new design.

EDIT: The update is now complete. Please check your personal profile privacy settings. Report any bugs with the new software to me please.

#2 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to the new look C&T forum. It has been two months in the working, with a few dramas in between. I hope you all agree it's been worth it.

Please note there are a few bugs that need to be smoothed over, but I am working on these.

#3 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

Please check your Profile status. You may want to disable the ability of other members to see your email address:

My Profile > Settings > Privacy Settings

#4 leomer

leomer

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

..It`s very stylish, very nice
looking forum site now..
.."Tanti Complimenti"..Sator...
:hi: :thumbsup:

#5 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Thank you, Leomer I am glad you are enjoying it.

#6 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Some time in the next day or two there will be a move of the server and this may result in some down time. It will result in a new look forum, and a skin upgrade (which will fix the print function issue).

#7 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Welcome back to the forum. Due to technical difficulties things took longer than expected. In the next stage there will be new features added to the forum, the skin upgraded and the print function fixed.

#8 J. Maclochlainn

J. Maclochlainn

Master

• Senior Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

YAY!!!! :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

I was having withdrawals!
Silly Cognoscenti, Drape is for windows!

#9 jcsprowls

jcsprowls

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

It loads so much faster, now.

Dir, Product Development

web: http://www.studio9apparel.com
portfolio: http://www.behance.net/studio9apparel

#10 Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:13 AM

Yay! I didn't notice this message before the down-time and I wasn't sure whether it was planned or whether something was wrong, I was quite worried! :frantics:

#11 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

Glad that the forum is back. I missed it.
it is not fully functioning - but it is readable

lg
posaune

#12 posaune

posaune

Pro

• Super Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

lg
posaune

Content-Encoding-Fehler

Die Webseite, die Sie öffnen möchten, kann nicht angezeigt werden, da sie eine ungültige oder unbekannte Form der Kompression verwendet.

* Kontaktieren Sie bitte den Inhaber der Website, um ihn über dieses Problem zu informieren.

#13 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

You should now be getting email updates of new posts and messages again.

#14 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

lg
posaune

Content-Encoding-Fehler

Die Webseite, die Sie öffnen möchten, kann nicht angezeigt werden, da sie eine ungültige oder unbekannte Form der Kompression verwendet.

* Kontaktieren Sie bitte den Inhaber der Website, um ihn über dieses Problem zu informieren.

I failed to reproduce this error on four different browsers. The forum software has not (yet) changed from before. Only the server has changed.

You may be using an outdated browser. Microsoft users should also run up to date anti-virus software to ensure this is not the cause.

#15 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

New features have been added to the forum! We now have IPB Blogs and IPB Gallery.

IPB Gallery

You can now directly upload your images to the Gallery, instead of a image hosting service such as Photobucket. You can link images in the Gallery area to posts in the forum. Due to limitations in the amount of storage space we have, I have had to impose strict limitations on the amount of disk space allocated to most members. Senior members have been given a greater amount of disc space. All members with a post count of 500 or more are automatically promoted to senior members. Members with <500 posts who regularly share interesting original images with the forum may also be promoted to senior members.

In future, as the price of storage from the new hosts hopefully comes down these limitations imposed be able to be lifted. We only have 400MB of total storage space, which is less than a CD-ROM. Of this about 100MB has been used up already with old forum posts. It will cost money to increase the allocated storage space, and in the long term we will need several gigabytes of storage. On the plus side we now have unmetered bandwidth, so this is no longer a concern (as it was with the old host).

IPB Blogs

Senior members of the forum can now write their own blogs.

Please keep in mind that I am still getting used to the software settings for these new features, so if there are any oddities please let me know.

#16 rs232

rs232

Journeyman

• Senior Apprentice
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

In future, as the price of storage from the new hosts comes down (hopefully) the limitations imposed on this will be able to be lifted. We only have 400MB of total storage space, which is less than a CD-ROM. Of this about 100MB has been used up already with old forum posts. It will cost money to increase the allocated storage space, and in the long term we will need several gigabytes of storage. On the plus side we now have unmetered bandwidth, so this is no longer a concern (as it was with the old host).

Well done on the bandwidth. It really makes you a victim of your own success when you're funding it yourself. I know all the content is auto-generated, but each page is a *lot* of code for the amount of content that's on there.

#17 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

Bandwidth was a big problem before. The old hosts were good but it was a set-up where you got 4 GB of storage (of which we used 100MG in 17 months) but the bandwidth was metered. Now we have it the other way around - unlimited bandwidth but we are squeezed for storage space, especially as they throw in IPB Gallery and IPB Blog with the hosting package, which encourage users to store images on the forum server. You just can't win.

#18 Sator

Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

IP Contents

We now have IP Contents installed to the forum. This is the Pages tab.

This is simply software that generates a non interactive web article out of a forum thread or blogs. What I plan to use this for is to turn mature threads into articles. This is mostly because you can only pin so many threads at the top of each forum. This way, once mature threads are turned into articles, the original thread can be unpinned to reduce clutter.

We will therefore have a reference area that will allow quick access to a summary of the best forum threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users