Sator

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

By Bernhard Roetzel:

http://bernhardroetz...p-in-world.html

The first thing that catches your eye when you step inside are ancient wooden shelves in which bolts of cloth are piled up high right up to the ceiling. Mainly colourful tartans but also tweeds, saxonys, worsteds, twills and every other type of cloth a gentleman might need. Needless to say that all cloths originate from the British Isles because the Italians love „i tessuti inglesi“ more than the products of their own mills in Biella.

Vittorio Ragno does notice some changes in the habits of his clients: „People nowadays only want Tasmanian worsteds. They forget Mohair, Alpaca, Vicuna, Cheviot and Crossbred.“ It would be necessary to educate the customers more but this is of course difficult.“

Gustav Mahler (1860-1911): "Tradition ist die Weitergabe des Feuers und nicht die Anbetung der Asche."

"Tradition is about passing on the flame, and not the worshipping of ashes"

#2 Neal Hurst

Neal Hurst

Umsie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hello

I dont think my shop is that old. Here are some pics of me working at my shop. We are in the 1770s but the shop was built in the 1730s

Neal Hurst

Posted Image
Posted Image
  • PocketTriangle likes this

#3 CLOTHCAPBOB

CLOTHCAPBOB

Umsie

• Super Pro
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Neal,
we are very honoured that you select patterns from our ranges for your magnificent shop. Lorenzo commented last time we met that there is a greater sense of history with your shop than even our warehouse.
Hopefully I will get to visit next year so we can share our histories.
CLOTHCAPBOB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users